This looks like an awesome contest, only one problem!! I have no one in my area that sells TOHO beads!!! BUT that makes me think when I ever get to open my own shop, I will certainly carry TOHO’s! They are beautiful beads! In any case, here is the contest for those who haven’t heard about it yet. It’s a copy/paste from my email.
To learn more of the contest follow these links
For Beads BOBBY BEAD carries go to http://www.bobbybead.com/toho.htm
for details on the contest
for sources for TOHO Beads we do not carry go to TOHO’s website page of TOHO distributers
to contact us about questions write us at
Treasures of TOHO
An Emerging Artist Bead Competition
The designer of the prize winning entry, the store owner and 1 companion of each will receive roundtrip airline tickets, train tickets, 4 night’s hotel accommodations and 2 meals a day for a 3 days visit in Hiroshima, Japan. While in Hiroshima you will visit the factory and see how these beautiful beads are made, visit the museums at the factory and also do some sightseeing. Travel will be as a group.
1. This is a competition for emerging artist – no previous winners may submit their work.
2. All entries must use 80% TOHO beads in any sizes available.
3. You must register with your local store to participate. Materials must be purchased from the store in which you register.
4. All work entered must be original. Please do not submit items that you have learned in classes, from kits or any other sources. Techniques and stitches learned from any of these sources may be used but the finished piece must be of your original design.
5. Your entries must be submitted to your local store. Your local store will choose the winning piece.
6. The winning piece from each store will be submitted to your stores TOHO vendor.
7. A completed entry form must accompany each entry.
8. Collaborative work will not be accepted
9. Entries may not be submitted if they have been entered in any previous shows, contests or articles.
10. TOHO Beads retains the right to use the work of prize winners in a promotional way including book publications, publicity or photographs with credit to the contributing artist. Directions to be provided by artist if required.
Entries will be judged on originality, use of colors, beads and workmanship.